Activated Barley 90 Servings
Activated Barley is a unique, complex carbohydrate from pre-sprouted grain that is digested slowly, providing energy and endurance for hours. It is a great source of immune-enhancing beta-glucan and has extremely low gluten content.
What it is: Activated Barley is a re-creation of a 2000-year-old recipe created by Greek and Roman physicians. It is `activated` through a patented process that allows the grain to germinate but not sprout. The result is an amazing, energy-boosting food. Activated Barley has a highly concentrated nutritional profile and has also been approved by the Diabetes Resource Center as a safe and effective food source.
- 400% more energy potential than non-germinated barley
- Exceptionally high beta-glucan content for greater effectiveness in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels
- The slow burning carbohydrates create appetite control
- May help regulate blood sugar
- Barley grain has a long history as an effective "energy food" for ancient athletes and soldiers. Roman and Greek foot soldiers consumed it while marching across continents. Ancient Greek and Roman physicians used activated barley as a life-saving breast-milk substitute for babies unable to nurse.
- The original Olympic competitors downed a cup of barley before each event. Often also called by the Roman nickname hordearii for "people who eat barley"; gladiators also used barley to boost performance and endurance.
- Today, this unique Activated Barley plays a role in the United Nation`s international famine relief efforts.
Activaed Barley is the ultimate slow-burning carbohydrate and the legendary food of legendary men, gladiators and the vaunted roman soldier, the latter whom were the fastest marching foot soldiers in history. If it being the fuel of gladiators and Roman soldiers isn`t enough to convince you, modern science also confirms there is nothing else like it on the planet.
- Dave Sandoval